Thursday, January 23, 2014

the rest of Wedding Wednesday!

Sorry guys!  Time got away from me last night.  I was meeting at a  bridal shower venue with two other bridesmaids and then I got home and had to cook and eat.  Ugh!


But I'm here and I'm so excited to finally share the best day of my life with you. WARNING: picture heavy


I want to start first with some paper products, namely our Save the Date, Thank You cards and Christmas card.  I LOVED all of them so they can't be left out.  I will share our amazing invitation at a later date.


6671785  MIN-LU6-HYC_C_FRTashley and joshua thank you front 2 ashley and joshua thank you back2


Our Save the Dates and Christmas cards were both from Minted.  For our Thank You cards I wanted something that matched our invitations and included photos.  I found West Willow Designs on Etsy and worked with Sonya to create this custom design.  I LOVE the way they turned out.  The bottom picture is the back of the card where I wrote notes to the recipients.


Now onto getting ready!


GR1 GR2 GR3GR4


I looooved the way my hair and makeup came out and getting ready with my girls, my mother, step-mother, grandmother and niece was so much fun!  You saw in yesterday's post that we sipped on mimosas in pretty sparkly wine glasses while getting ready.  My gift to Josh was the watch you see him wearing and I also did a boudoir shoot and made a book for him.  He loved it of course.  You can see I am crying opening his gift to me.  Couldn't even read the card.  I was a mess.  He gave me a beautiful watch, new perfume and my new initial, "K" necklace.  It was perfect!


The kraft boxes you see are actually the groomsman gifts.  I wanted to make the presentation as nice as the gift, but not too girly.  I bought kraft boxes, black and white stripe ribbon, black shredded paper and used black stickers from home for their initials on the top.  Inside were alcohol, ties, favorite team socks and one personalized gift.  I think they came out great!  My gifts to my girls were the sparkly hangers you see (I made them!), a clutch that I felt matched their style, and Kate Spade knot earrings or bracelet depending on which I thought they would wear more.  They also received cards I had made on Etsy.


Overall it was a perfect morning that only got better as the day went on.  Next week, first look and ceremony!


xo, ash

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I was also a September bride! (9/17/11) Congrats!

    www.julestruly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! your wedding gown is incredible and I love the way you and the girls are in button ups ... it doesn't get better then chambray and plaid;)
    Happy Friday, Ashley.
    XO, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! I can't wait to share more with you girls!

    ReplyDelete